The last match of the Test series between India and England is being played on the field of Oval. After this series, the next team of the Indian team will be Asia Cup. The Asia Cup 2018 is scheduled to begin on September 15. 5 teams are participating in this Mahakumbh in Asia. Which includes India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Hong Kong.
India has won the tournament six times, with that it is also a defending champion. India has made its title in 1984, 1988, 1990/1991, 1995, 2010 and 2016. The last time this tournament was played in the T-20 format, but apart from this, it has always been played in ODI format. This time also, Asia Cup will be played in 50-50 overs format.
The first match of the tournament will be played on September 15 between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, though India’s first match is against Hong Kong on September 18.
Asia Cup program is as follows: – Group stage
- September 15: Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka (Dubai)
- September 16: Pakistan vs. Hong Kong (Dubai)
- September 17: Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan (Abu Dhabi)
- September 18: India vs. Hong Kong (Dubai)
- September 19: India vs Pakistan (Dubai)
- September 20: Bangladesh v Afghanistan (Abu Dhabi)
- September 21: Group A Winners vs Group B Runners (Dubai), Group B Winners vs. Group A Runners Abu Dhabi)
- September 23: Group A Winners vs. Group A Runners (Dubai), Group B Winners vs. Group B Runners (Abu Dhabi)
- eptember 25: Group A winner vs Group B winner (Dubai)
- September 26: Group A Runner vs. Group B Runners (Abu Dhabi)
- September 28: Final (Dubai)
India team for Asia Cup
Rohit Sharma (captain), Shikhar Dhawan (vice-captain), KL Rahul, Ambati Rayudu, Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wicketkeeper), Dinesh Karthik, Hardik Pandya, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuswendra Chahal, Akshar Patel, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, Jaspreet Bumrah, Shardul Thakur, Khalil Ahmed